Make the most of online shopping:
In today’s world, almost everyone utilizes e-commerce for online shopping. Online shopping not only saves your time but it is one of the most convenient methods for making payments. But, even while making the transaction, there are certain ways through which you can save money. Let us look into some points through which you can save money online.
- Search for Coupons: The most common thing that you need to do when you are buying online is to look for coupons. There are different ways to excite customers for various coupons and make a faster sale, but we should be patient enough to look for the best coupons available. It is because of the growing competition in the e-commerce, every other company wants to give a better deal.
There are many websites which provide coupons like, ‘buy above 1000 and get a discount of 10%’. You should not straight away go for the coupons and offers that you see first. Instead, search for the best coupon available. Compare and choose the best option available.
- Utilize the cash back with credit and debit cards: You have noticed so many times people receive good cash back or a discount on paying from a specific bank credit or debit card. This is because banks tie up with the website so that maximum payments go through their channel in order to increase the sales of a particular credit or debit card. So, it is always beneficial to utilize these opportunities as this will always save our cash.
- Wait for the right time: It is always recommended to shop during the festival season because of the extra discounts and offers during that time. You always get better offers because of the competition between various companies. Another benefit of waiting for some weeks or month is that you may realize that you might not need the product.
- Compare different websites: There are various websites like compareraja, mysmartprice.com, pricedekho.com where you can compare the prices of a product on various websites at one single place. It also provides a section for price history, specification etc.
- Set price alerts: Most of the times you are not in a hurry to buy some product, but you never know when the price of a product was reduced to a level where you become highly interested in purchasing the product. So in these situations, you can set a price alert for a particular product and when it touches that price limit, you will be informed about it over an email. For example, if you want to buy a product which costs Rs 3,000 but you are sure that its price will come down to Rs 2000 then, you can set the alert and you will be informed about it.
- Leave items in your cart and wait for few days: In this way, you can first add all your items to the cart and then don’t check out. Just leave the items there in the cart. This is a big issue for e-commerce websites where the customers add the products to the cart, but at the final stage do not make payment and leave.
So, various companies in order to close that pending sale will remind you about your cart and ask you to complete the sale. And some of them will often try to lure you with some extra discount with coupons, etc. This trick does not work for big companies and it generally happens for new customers.
- Using different emails for Shopping: Generally, all companies offer discounts to new users. A lot of them offer coupon codes on email when you register for the first time. For example, Voonik or Ola Cabs, where you get a huge discount being a new user or get a FREE benefit for the first time.
Many companies offer discounts if you order things using their mobile app, or you refer some friends. So, if you have many people at home with smartphone’s, you can take this benefit too, for some limited time.
The important thing is not to lose control over yourself and focus on buying things which are necessary. These discounts and coupons are just extra benefits. But, do not let these coupons and discounts buy your unnecessary product. You should understand more than you, it is helping the sellers as it is increasing their revenue.